Formed in the 1960s by George and Ivy Garrad, the Sunshine Swing Band is one of very few bands still providing ballroom dance music.
L-R John Roza, Don Preston, Carol Lynn, Carolyn Sargeant and Greg Kiemann
The Sunshine Swing Band specialises in Old Time Dances such as:
- Gypsy Tap
- Pride of Erin
- Evening 3 Step
- Modern Waltz
- Oxford Waltz
The band has been known by a number of names including The Rhythm Ramblers, The Blue Hawaiian Band and The Ingredients, however, they have played under their present name ‘Sunshine Swing’ for the past twenty or so years.
Notable gigs include:
- • Opening of Queensland Parliament house
- • SE Queensland regional show ball.
- • District show balls such as Maleny, Gympie, Toogoolawah
- • Numerous Deb Balls all over the SE Queensland
- • Belli Hall Dances
- • Palmwoods Hall Dances
- • Just about every hall in the Sunshine Coast and surrounding district.
The history of the band was recently researched and presented by the Sunshine Coast Council library. A link to the article is below:
For band enquiries please contact John Roza
Ph 0418 752 482